1. Tell the Candidate why they would be interested in the position… Sell the opportunity!!! Highlight things like company milestones and achievements, important projects this person might be working on, corporate culture, successful funding, backgrounds of founders or management team!
2. Be direct and to the point…..Catch the candidate’s interest in the first sentence.
3. Highlight things like benefits packages, stock, bonus plans, vacation time, work/life balance, tuition reimbursement, company lunch, etc.
4. Describe what career development will look like in the future. Top-level candidates do not want to be stagnant in the same job for too long. They are driven and career motivated, so you should let them know what the opportunities are in the next 1-3 years.
5. Write the description like you are talking to the candidate. Use the word “You” and be as colorful and descriptive as possible. Use words that will grab their attention and get the candidates excited to apply for the position and come work for your company.
Here’s a sample job description:
Due to the recent success of our Phase 3 program and the launch of our first commercial product….we are currently experience enormous growth opportunities! As a member of XYZ Biotech, you will be able to drive cutting-edge initiatives, strategies and work with passionate cross-functional teams dedicated to transforming the lives of patients.
What’s in it for you?
You will be offered a strong compensation package, annual incentive bonus, stock, 3 week’s vacation, tuition reimbursement, 100% paid T Pass or parking pass, gym membership, and company lunch on Fridays. You will be part of a collaborative environment where everyone is encouraged to share ideas with the goal of saving patient’s lives.
As a member of the Upstream Process Development team, you will play an active hands-on role where you will develop, grow, and leverage your skills and significantly contribute to the activities in process development through commercialization. If you are looking for an exciting growth opportunity, be part of a supportive team where you will be challenged and motivated to develop and innovate…. this could be a great opportunity for you!
Here’s what you will be doing:
- Conduct early and late-stage CHO cell culture media and process development to improve culture performance and protein expression
- Perform technology transfer to GMP clinical manufacturing facility internally and externally to CMOs
- Perform process optimization in 3L and 5L scale bioreactors
- Perform scale-up studies in 50L and 250L single-use bioreactors (SUB)
- Author SOPs, memos, technical reports, and support BLA filings
- Support Purification and Cell Line Development activities as appropriate
- Interact and provide support to MSAT and Research and Development groups internally
What are we looking for?
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering or similar discipline with 6-8 years of industrial experience in suspension CHO cell culture media and process development experience for early and late-stage programs
- Must have relevant biotech industry experience with CHO cell upstream processing of recombinant and/or fusion proteins
- Experience working with bioreactors at various scales, single-use bioreactors (SUBs), scale-up and scale-down modeling